Friday, October 5, 2012

A Love Letter to Autumn

You look out of the window
There’s a new season smiling at you
The last spell of the monsoons has bid adieu
The old leaves waited still, ceaselessly for one last flutter
In the autumn breeze,
And when they do they gently glide
Down the trees to the trodden path


You look out of the window
A leaf has landed on the familiar sight
Behold, it’s not a leaf, its something
Something that has its own value
Essence in true spirit and beauty
In the form of a damsel
Here she glides, gently and reassuringly


There is an old saying
You cannot tell your heart who they should fall in love with
Though I parted from you, years ago
Yet know, oh charming!
After a conflict of love and honor
For my noble pursuit; you came in view!
With all the charms of blooming youth
All the attractions of heavenly beauty
Your irresistible delight
In you, I have discovered a thousand ravishing graces



I dare not think on
Lest my desires grow mad
Oh! You have been such an adorable
My words alone can justify
You to know the flame in me
Tell me, what kind, of charms and tricks
Have you been to me?
Or is that the tense that worries you
I’ll put another way– Are you to me?




No comments: